From skyscrapers and office buildings, to train stations and homes. Each structure used by humans was carefully designed by an architect. This creative industry employs over one million people across the country. Because every state requires architects to be licensed, a two-year degree or certificate will help propel you closer to a career in the field.
At Harper, learn the tools required to either get a job in the architecture or construction industries or prepare for the university level and become a practicing architect. All classes are taught by licensed professionals, experienced in both the design industry as well as teaching.
- Courses: Architectural Studies (ARC)
- AIA Student Chapter
- America's Career InfoNet - Career info
- Architectural Record magazine
- Architectural Studies Faculty
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
- The Association of Licensed Architects
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Architects
- Northeast Illinois Chapter (Harper's district) of the American Institute of Architects
- The Princeton Review - information on majors