Cannabis Science And Therapeutics
Advance your career in the expanding cannabis industry with training and certification
- Earn an industry-respected, college credit certificate after completing six Online ANYTIME courses that are delivered 100% online, with no required face-to-face classes or scheduled virtual class times. (3 semesters)
- Gain additional experience and build your professional network with an onsite, structured industry internship.
- Complete the Illinois Responsible Vendor Training requirement.
- Learn about policy, laws and advocacy from experienced faculty that represent various areas of the cannabis industry.
- Master best practices in cannabis dispensary operations and therapeutics.
- Expand your career to include cultivation, sales, infusion, and product development.
- Prepare for a career as a budtender, patient care specialist, cannabis product sales rep or dispensary manager. Salaries range between $30,000 to $80,000+., depending on position and experience.
This 17 credit-hour certificate program consists of lecture presentations, and an internship arranged at local non-profit organizations within the cannabis industry. This certificate is useful for individuals planning to enter the cannabis industry. In addition to history, policy and laws related to cannabis, the certificate presents best practices in cannabis dispensary operations, and cannabis therapeutics. Students will also learn about the importance of advocacy within the cannabis industry.
As an emerging industry, there are many diverse employment opportunities related to cannabis. Cannabis cultivation, sales, infusion, and product development represent a few of the commonly sought-after cannabis careers.
Earn your cannabis career credential
Jumpstart your career by learning new skills through a certificate program.
- Cannabis Science and Therapeutics Certificate
- Students must be 21 years of age or older to receive an Agent ID card from IDFPR.
Questions? Contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.
Starting this fall, Harper College’s new cannabis-centered courses and certificate program will train students to work and advance in a booming industry. Read More