Application Process and Matching
The intern must:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Provide a Verification Statement of having completed a Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics Minimum Academic Requirements as specified by ACEND®.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Participate in the application process through DICAS, including recommendation letters, personal statement, and application.
- Completion of video application.
Completion of Food Safety Training for Managers Certificate is required prior to the start of the internship. This does not have to be submitted in the application; however, proof of passing is required before starting the program.
The Harper College Dietetic Internship uses the Dietetic Internship Central Application Service (DICAS) which may be accessed at portal.dicas.org. The fee to use DICAS is $50 for the first application and $25 for each additional application. The online application must be submitted through DICAS by February 15th, 2022. Harper College DI participates in the Spring matching process. You will need to complete the following through this service.
Through DICAS, you will submit the following:
- Personal Statement: In 1000 words or less, address the following: your values, motivations, why the internship matters, and aspirations. Use examples to highlight your characteristics.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
One (1) from a nutrition professor
One (1) from a nutrition professor or other professor
One (1) from work or volunteer experience
*You must provide the name and contact information/email address for each reference. The program will send an email message to your references asking them to complete the forms online.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. These must be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
- Volunteer activities, experience, and awards
Prospective interns must also register with D and D Digital for computer matching. This provides an orderly and fair process for matching to internships. Applicants must select dietetic internship priority choices and submit by 11:59 pm Central Standard Time, February 15, 2022. The fee for matching is $55.
Additional Application Requirement:
Please create a 2-minute YouTube video telling us why you want to be a part of the Harper College community. Be creative in your approach. You can submit the link of your video to: email@example.com.
The video application requirement must be submitted on February 15, 2022.
Please make sure to change your settings to unlisted and send in the link provided.
Interviews will be conducted. You will be contacted by Traci Wessel if you are chosen for an interview.