Application Process and Matching
The applicant must:
- Hold a master's degree from an accredited college or university OR provide evidence
(transcripts or official letter of acceptance from the university) of enrollment in
a master's degree program from an accredited college or university by August 1, 2023
to the DI director. This may extend granting of the verification statement and internship
completion depending on degree completion date. A verification statement cannot be
granted without completion of a master's degree.
- Provide a Verification Statement of having completed a Didactic Program in Nutrition
and Dietetics minimum academic requirements as specified by ACEND®.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate DPD courses.
- Participate in the application process through DICAS, including recommendation letters,
personal statement, and application.
- Completion of video application.
- Completion of Food Safety Training for Managers Certificate is required prior to the
start of the internship. This does not have to be submitted in the application; however,
proof of certification is required before starting the program.
Through DICAS, you will submit the following:
- Personal Statement: In 1000 words or less, address the following: your values, motivations,
why the internship matters, and aspirations. Use examples to highlight your characteristics.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation:
One (1) from a nutrition professor
One (1) from a nutrition professor, other professor, work experience
*You must provide the name and contact information/email address for each reference.
The program will send an email message to your references asking them to complete
the forms online.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. These must be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
- Volunteer activities, experience, and awards
- 2-minute YouTube video telling us why you want to be a part of the Harper College
community. Be creative in your approach. Please make sure to change your settings
to unlisted and send in the link provided.
Prospective interns must also register with D and D Digital for computer matching.
This provides an orderly and fair process for matching to internships. Applicants
must select dietetic internship priority choices and submit by 11:59 pm Central Standard
Time, February 15, 2024. The fee for matching is $65.
Explore the Dietetic Internship Program