Harper Radio has five finalist entries in contention for the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System’s 2022 Media Awards. Harper College’s student-run radio station broadcasts as WHCM
at 88.3 FM across northern Chicagoland and streams worldwide at harperradio.com.
The Harper Radio finalists include:
- Student Ashley Rosenthal, Harper Radio’s current general manager, Best Promotional Event, WHCM t-shirt promotion
- Student Keith Maurice Harris, Harper Radio host, Best On-Air Personality, The Keith Maurice Show
- Student Nina Stoner and WHCM veteran Chris Smith, Best Talk Program, Streaming Verse
- Stoner and Smith, Best Podcast, Streaming Verse
- Erik Bonilla-Sanchez, Harper Radio’s 2021 general manager, Len Mallioux Management Awards, Best Radio
Station Manager – College
“We are absolutely thrilled that these student entries have made it into the finals
for the prestigious IBS 2022 Media Awards,” said Brian Shelton, Harper Radio faculty
advisor. “They are all outstanding broadcasters, and we are honored for them to all
be under consideration for further recognition.”
IBS will announce the winners of the 2022 awards at the organization’s annual conference,
set to be hosted virtually the week of March 1.