Human Resources Management Certificate
Earn Your Certificate in Just Nine Months
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs and the Higher Learning Commission.
The 18-credit hour Human Resources Management Certificate can increase your success in any industry and positively impact your career goals. This certificate will enhance your ability to manage talent, an organization's greatest asset.
While pursuing the certificate, you will explore all critical human resources functions including HR planning, job analysis, recruitment and selection, employment law, training and development, performance reviews, and compensation and benefits.
Benefits of This Fast Track Certificate
- Full-time workers will enjoy a fixed schedule of one-night-per-week classes that map your path to a Human Resources Management Certificate.
- Earn college credit that can be applied toward an accredited Associate's degree.
- Get support from academic counselors throughout the program.
- Apply concepts and ideas to your job instantly with in-class activities and assignments on real-world applications.
- Bring your current job knowledge to class interactions as you learn and work toward quick completion.
- Learn from industry professionals with extensive experience in HR.
What You'll Learn
- Gain new knowledge and skill in numerous key areas of Human Resources Management.
- Understand strategic human resources planning.
- Review effective employee training and management development programs.
- Create more effective job descriptions.
- Identify key employment law issues including diversity and equal employment opportunity.
- Explore recruitment and selection processes to ensure the hire of the best employees.
- Understand effective employee termination practices.
- Explore innovative compensation and benefit programs.
- Understand current and future labor relations issues.
- Critically analyze business and HR management issues.
- Write and speak more effectively in business situations.
Space is limited for the Thursday, September 5, 2019 program start.
Human Resources Management Certificate Program Courses
Classes held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg
|SAMPLE COURSE SCHEDULE
Your actual schedule may be different.
|Orientation Session||Attend a mandatory orientation focused on your success in the program|
|Semester 1||Course||Credit||Course Name|
|MGT 111||3||Introduction to Business Organization|
|MGT 265||3||Human Resources Management|
|Semester 2||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 280||3||Organizational Behavior|
|MGT 204||3||Training and Development|
|ACC 216||3||Employment Law|
|Semester 3||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 266||3||Compensation and Benefits|
|18 credits: Human Resources Management Certificate earned.|
Job Outlook and Wage Information
As a Human Resources Certificate graduate, there are plenty of career directions in the field for you to consider, such as:
- Human Resources Assistant
- Recruiter/Staff Trainer
- Compensation/Benefits Administrator
- Employment/Pay Equity Consultant
- Health and Safety Coordinator
- Labor Relations Coordinator
- Employee Relations Specialist
You’ll typically begin your career as a human resources assistant, working as a generalist, or in one of the areas of specialization. You could be employed by a wide variety of organizations, ranging from financial services and manufacturing to government and education.
To learn more about Harper's Fast Track Human Resources Management Certificate, call us at 847.925.6438.