Become a dental hygienist
Harper's Dental Hygiene Program is a full-time, five-semester career program leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree. It is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association. This is a limited enrollment program.
In 2016 and 2017, 100% of the graduates of Harper’s Dental Hygiene Program passed both the American Dental Association’s National Board Dental Hygiene Examination and the Commission on Dental Competency Assessment’s Clinical Board Examination.
Prepare for a health profession
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is designed to prepare you for entry into this profession. Coursework in the AAS may also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university. This is a limited-enrollment program.
Harper also offers institution-specific transfer information to help prepare you to transition to a four-year university. To learn more, visit our Transfer Information page or see your advisor.
- Admission Criteria and Process
- Catalog Course Descriptions
- Program Highlights and Accreditation
- Organizing Framework of the Dental Hygiene Program
- Competencies for Dental Hygienists
- Important Factors to Consider Before Applying (pdf)
- Estimated Costs (pdf)
- Program Participation Requirements
- Skill Development and Successful Progression Through the Program
- Workplace Success Skills (pdf)
- Dental Hygiene Graduation Requirements
- Success of Harper Dental Hygiene Students (pdf)
- Dental Hygiene Faculty
- Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Self-assessment Questionnaire (pdf)
- Career Information
- Job Placement Resource Center
For more information about starting your career as a dental hygienist, contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.
Last semester was not easy for Navin Cabrera, a dental hygiene student. He wasn’t succeeding. He was falling asleep in class and his grades were suffering. Read More