Harper's Dental Hygiene Program is a full-time, five-semester career program leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree. It is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association. This is a limited enrollment program.
In 2016 and 2017, 100% of the graduates of Harper’s Dental Hygiene Program passed both the American Dental Association’s National Board Dental Hygiene Examination and the Commission on Dental Competency Assessment’s Clinical Board Examination.
Prepare for a health profession
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is designed to prepare you for entry into this profession. Coursework in the AAS may also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university. This is a limited-enrollment program.
Harper also offers institution-specific transfer information to help prepare you to transition to a four-year university. To learn more, visit our Transfer Information page or see your advisor.
- Admission criteria and process
- 2018 Dental Hygiene Admission Requirements (pdf)
- Catalog course descriptions
- Dental hygiene curriculum
- Program highlights and accreditation
- Organizing framework of the dental hygiene program
- Competencies for dental hygienists
- Important factors to consider before applying (pdf)
- Estimated costs (pdf)
- Program participation requirements compliance
- Skill development and successful progression through the program
- Workplace success skills (pdf)
- Dental hygiene graduation requirements
- Success of Harper dental hygiene students (pdf)
- Dental hygiene faculty
- Dental hygiene clinic
- Self-assessment questionnaire (pdf)
- Career information
For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.