Your career in accounting begins here
The accounting program at Harper College offers day, evening and online courses for students preparing for a career in accounting or bookkeeping in business, industry or government. Through the Associate in Arts program, students can prepare to transfer to an accounting program at a four-year university.
Courses are taught by respected, professionally qualified faculty. All Harper CPA Preparation Certificate courses meet the Illinois Board of Examiners CPA exam requirements.
Start at Harper. Finish at a four-year university.
The Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree prepares you to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, economics, financial services, international business, management and marketing. Speak with your advisor about the best courses to take to meet your academic goals.
Harper also offers institution-specific transfer information to help prepare you to transition to a four-year university. To learn more, visit our Transfer Information page or see your advisor.
Earn a career-ready degree
The Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree is designed to prepare you for immediate entry into this career field. Course work in the A.A.S. may also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university.
Earn a workforce credential
Jumpstart your career by learning new skills through a certificate program. Many of Harper's certificates are stackable to a degree program through additional course work.
- Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk Certificate
- Advanced Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk Certificate
- Accounting Assistant Certificate
- Tax Accounting Assistant Certificate
- Professional Accounting—CPA Preparation Certificate
Flexible program options
- Earn Stackable Credentials
- Distance Learning (Earn degrees/credentials by taking all classes online)
- Accounting Club
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Catalog Course Descriptions
- CPA Prep Courses
- Information for High School Students
- Professional Organizations
- Job Placement Resource Center
For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.
Get the latest accounting program news at Harper College.