Begin your studies in nutrition

Nutritionists serve the community in a variety of settings, from hospitals, schools and public programs to health clubs, food manufacturers and distributors. Nutritionists help shape menus, food choices and policy while promoting health.

Harper offers the Associate in Science degree for students interested in transferring to a nutrition or dietetics program at a four-year university. To learn more about nutrition professionals or registered dietitians, check out the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website at

Start at Harper. Finish at a four-year university.

The Associate in Science (AS) degree prepares you to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree in nutrition or dietetics. Speak with your advisor about the best courses to take to meet your academic goals.

Harper also offers institution-specific transfer information to help prepare you to transition to a four-year university. To learn more, visit our Transfer Information page or see your advisor.

Scholars Program

A Multicultural Scholars Program through Benedictine University for Harper College Nutrition Students is available, please check out the information below:


Next steps

To learn about the Nutrition program at Harper, please contact department chair Traci Wessel MS, RD, CSG, LDN at or 847.925.6537.

For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.

Last Updated: 12/15/22