Learn English (ESL)
Find your home at Harper College.
You are an important part of the Harper College community. Join us and learn English with people of all ages from all over the world.
Harper ESL offers:
- A full-time Intensive English Program (IEP)
- A variety of courses in our English Language Program (ELP)
- Beginner, intermediate, and advanced ESL classes
- Grammar, Listening, Pronunciation, Reading, Speaking, Spelling, and Writing classes
- Health Care ESL
- Independent Study classes
- A course series for high level students in our English Series for Professionals (ESP)
- Affordable cost
- Dedicated ESL advising services - schedule an advisor appointment online .PDF
- Experienced faculty and staff
- State-of-the-art audio/video language lab
- Free ESL tutoring (for currently enrolled ESL students)
- Conversation Café/ International Students Club
Information for New ESL Students
If you will be a new Harper student, please complete the online application and schedule a testing appointment to get started.
For students with less than nine years of education in your native country or no knowledge of English, learn about classes just for you.
For students planning to study with an international student visa, please visit the International Student Office.
If you are interested in studying to become an ESL teacher, please visit the Linguistic Department web page.
Read about our students and alumni.
Building D, Room D-138
8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m
Please consider making a donation to support the ESL program.