The community is invited to attend celebrate the holiday season at Harper College
with a series of winter concerts.
- The concert choir and SPECTRA ensemble will perform a wide-ranging repertoire at 7:30
p.m. Friday, December 6.
- Harper’s Steel Bands will perform contemporary repertoire including calypsos and original
works at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 10.
- The Jazz Ensemble Concert at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 11, will feature a variety
of modern big band sounds as well as classical pieces.
- The Wind Symphony and Chamber Winds Concert will feature a variety of other concert
band pieces, with the wind symphony exploring everything from rousing Sousa marches
to operatic overtures. The concert will take place at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, December
- The piano ensemble, composed of a multitude of members, will perform a series of solos,
duos, trios and quartets at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, December 14.
- The Harper Symphony Orchestra will perform its holiday concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, December
- Another ensemble of a select student musicians will perform a variety of pop and classical
pieces at the Flute Ensemble Concert at 7:30 p.m. Monday, December 16.
- The jazz lab band will hold its concert at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 18.
- The Back Porch Revue will perform the music of Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, Guy Clark, Billie Joe Shaver, Kris Kristofferson,
Lucinda Williams, Old Time fiddle tunes, and a holiday season sing-a-long. The concert will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday, December 21.
All concerts take place at the Performing Arts Center on Harper’s main campus. Tickets
range from $10 for $15 for most concerts. Admission is free for children 12 and younger.
Jeff Hedberg, a Harper music faculty member and director of the Jazz Ensemble, looks
forward to performing at the spacious Performing Arts Center every year.
“The PAC is one of the finest and most versatile performing spaces you'll find on
a college campus in the Chicagoland area,” he said. “It’s staffed by engineers who
both have a desire to, and know how to, bring out the best in all of the college's
various performing ensembles.”
For more information, visit the Harper College Event Calendar at events.harpercollege.edu or purchase tickets at harpercollege.edu/boxoffice.