Harper Business Program Advantages
Why study business at Harper?
- Our student to teacher ratio is 22:1 and under which means you get personal attention from dedicated instructors.
- A balance of full-time faculty and in-the-field instructors. Teachers have master’s degrees and years of professional experience.
- Our programs focus on career preparation and experiential learning. Classroom learning can be easily applied to career achievement.
Courses that fit your busy schedule
- Most of our career classes are either through online programs, through our successful Fast Track program or through our national Apprenticeship program.
- Transfer students complete the required business courses that are approved for the Illinois Articulation Initiative.
- Enroll in Fast Track, a program for busy students. The part time, accelerated program meets one night a week and some programs are fully online. Classes are pre-scheduled to ensure on time graduation and supported with wrap around services for your success.
Prepare for success
- The IDEAShop, the MakerSpace and Entrepreneur Center, is the place to complete your Entrepreneurial Maker Certificate, with hands on practice for any maker. Finish the certificate with a start-up that is ready to apply for our Dream Big Angel Grant!
- The Business and Entrepreneurship Club provides an opportunity for students to gain business and relationship building experience by participating in global sustainability challenges, nationwide pitch competitions and creating business focused events on campus. This club is also involved in social entrepreneurship and giving back to the community, locally and abroad, and working closely with our IDEAShop: the Harper MakerSpace and Entrepreneurship Center.
- Harper's Business EdVantage program provides affordable tuition rates for out-of-district students who work in-district.