Harper College Lyft Pass Program
The Harper College Lyft Pass program offers discounted rides for most Harper students.
- $10 off your ride
- Four rides per month
- Ride must start or end at one of Harper's campuses (see below)
- Valid on standard Lyft rides only
To be eligible for the $10 discount, rides must start or end at Harper's Palatine campus (1200 W. Algonquin Rd., Palatine) or the Learning and Career Center (1375 S. Wolf Rd., Prospect Heights).
Who is Eligible?
Harper College students who are enrolled in credit-classes, adult education classes, English as a second language classes, apprenticeship programs and dual credit classes are eligible to participate.
The program is not currently available for students enrolled in community education courses.
How to Sign-Up
Check your Harper student email for an invitation from Lyft Business, and follow the steps to sign up. Once you click the link and join, the Lyft Pass will be applied to eligible rides during your time as a Harper student.
If you did not receive an invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t yet have a Lyft account? Download the app and create an account to get started.
Note: This is a pilot program, scheduled to run from September 2022 - May 2023. The program will be available to enrolled Harper College students as long as funding permits, and it is subject to change or end early. You will be notified about any changes in the program should they arise.
Tips For Riding Smart with Lyft
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.
Lyft’s Health Safety Program
For information on Lyft’s health and safety measures, visit the Lyft website.
Additional Program Information
- If you request a ride that doesn’t meet the criteria, you will not see the discount shown on your ride confirmation screen and you will pay out of pocket.
- If your ride costs more than the $10 discount, you will pay the remaining cost out of pocket.
- Prices may be impacted by distance, traffic, time of day, special events and prime time surcharges.
- The benefit will roll over monthly, with four new rides at $10 off loaded into your app. Unused rides expire at the end of the month, and do not carry over.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.