Voice applicants wishing to enroll in the Associate of Fine Arts Degree in Music program may be accepted for study in the Department of Music at one of seven levels:
- MUS 298-A Vocal Performance
- MUS 298-B Music Education
- MUS 298-C Music Theater
- MUS 298-D Jazz Voice
- MUS 298-E Non-Performance Major or Voice as a Secondary Instrument
- MUS 198 Non-major Applied Voice
- MUS 169: Class Voice
Alternatively, students may be referred to the College's Continuing Education (non-credit) music program for further instruction.
See the main Auditions page for important information about all auditions. Vocal auditions require demonstration of basic skills, understanding of music notation and:
- Two selections of contrasting styles
- One selection in a foreign language is preferred, but not required.
- Only one selection from a Broadway show is permitted.
- Other popular music styles are not permitted.
- Sight reading
A demonstration of vocalization and tonal memory may also be required, at the discretion of the audition committee, at the time of the audition.
NOTE: Students interested in vocal jazz should consult the vocal jazz audition requirements on the Jazz Auditions page.