Library Resources and Services During the Remote Learning Period.
- May 29, 2020
- May 29, 2020
F Building: Closed to students until the campus reopens.
Help from Harper College Librarians:
- Schedule a 15 minute Research Appointment.
- Email a librarian at email@example.com.
- Live Chat with a librarian.
- See the Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note, Live Chat is staffed 24/7 by librarians nationwide, as well as Harper College librarians.
Electronic Resources: Students have 24/7 access to e-resources via the Library website. Use your "My Harper" Student Portal User Name and Password to log in from off campus.
- Use the Online Library Services guide to navigate library resources.
- Search Library Collections: Limit to "full text" for online resources.
- Find ebooks in OneSearch, or use an ebook database.
- Search databases for articles.
- View tutorials on how to use the library’s most popular databases.
- Find videos in our streaming video collections.
Library Instruction Sessions: Library instruction continues in flexible and online modalities. For more information, please visit the Library Instruction webpage.
Print Resources: NO ACCESS to the Library's physical collection (print books, DVDs, magazines) until the campus reopens.
Overdue fines will not accrue, starting 3/13, until campus reopens.
Until campus reopens, no materials need to be returned.
Due dates for materials are extended, effective 3/13.
Textbook Reserve Collection: NO ACCESS to the print Textbook Reserve Collection. Librarians are working with faculty to make some of these resources available on Blackboard.
Interlibrary Loan Requests: Students will have access to some articles. There is no access to books, media, or other physical items.
Make Shop/Makerspace: Closed until the campus reopens.
Library Programs: All Library programs have been CANCELLED.
College Archives: Closed until the campus reopens; browse the digital Harper College Archives.
LCC Reading Room: Closed until the campus reopens.
Use your "My Harper" Student Portal User Name and Password to log in from off campus.
Questions? Email a Harper College librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Remote Learning Period is subject to change based on institutional response.