Distinguished Trustee Scholarship
The Harper College Distinguished Trustee Scholarship is a highly selective, merit-based scholarship of up to 60 credit hours of full in-district tuition, fees and a $500 book stipend for every fall and spring semester. Approximately 40 scholarships will be awarded to students who are 2018-2019 academic year graduates from high schools within Community College District #512, which includes High School Districts 211, 214 and 220. Home school students are not eligible.
All scholarship recipients will be required to participate in the Honors Program to enhance the overall student experience.
Friday, March 1, 2019.
Students must apply to Harper College and submit the Distinguished Trustee Scholarship Application, including ALL three required attachments.
Please review the following important information:
The Distinguished Trustee Scholarship is available during the Fall semester following the student’s high school graduation and the recipient must be an incoming Harper freshman from High School Districts 211, 214 and 220.
To be eligible, the student must meet one of the following three requirements.
- a minimum 1300 SAT total score with minimum individual test scores of 530 in math
and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing
- a 27 ACT Composite score with minimum individual test scores of 22 in math, 20 in
reading and 19 in English
- a minimum 3.5/4.0 high school GPA** with minimum individual SAT test scores of 530 in math and 510 in evidence-based reading/writing or ACT test scores of 22 in math, 20 in reading and 19 in English
** Note: A cumulative GPA is inclusive of dual credit and/or prior credit accepted in transfer at the College.
1. Complete the Harper College Admissions Application. If you have taken a dual credit course at Harper College; do not reapply for admission. Please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6230.
2. Complete the Distinguished Trustee Scholarship Application. The following information is required to be submitted as part of the online application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- ACT composite score and subscores and/or SAT total score and section scores
- Sixth semester high school transcripts
- Written essay of 500 words (maximum). Answer the following:
Tell us about an experience or person that you see as having played a key role in your life and how it has helped shape you into the person you are today.
Recipients must sign a Distinguished Trustee Scholar Award Student Contract. View the contract requirements.
The student is required to meet the requirements stated in the Distinguished Trustee Scholarship Award Student Contract. Failure to meet any of the criteria will result in a loss of the scholarship.
For more information on the Distinguished Trustee Scholarship, please contact Harper College Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6230.