The Harper community is dedicated to you.
Alumni, faculty, staff and community leaders and organizations have donated millions of dollars to make sure nothing holds you back from succeeding at Harper. In fact, 13,324 students were awarded $41,492,774 in scholarships, grants and tuition waivers through Harper College in 2021-2022. Scholarships are gift aid that is typically based on merit, such as, academic excellence, talent, affiliation with various groups, or career aspirations or a combination of merit and need.
IMPORTANT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Academic Recognition Scholarship Applications due Monday, May 1, 2023 Apply NOW
- Donor Sponsored Scholarships Priority to students who apply by April 10, 2023 Apply NOW
Donor Sponsored Scholarships
Created by community members who believe in your future. Complete one General Application to automatically apply for many scholarships. Scholarships open March 1st for Fall and/or Spring semester for the next year. View the types of scholarships, criteria and application deadlines.
Harper College Institutional Scholarships
Harper is providing some of the most generous tuition relief programs in our history.
- Finish Line Grant: Up to $1,000 for students close to completing their degree or certificate.
- Hawks Care Student Assistance is available to currently enrolled students to provide support for basic needs.
- Igniting Paths to Success Scholarship: Up to $6,000 per year, through the Spring 2023 semester if the student meets the continued eligibility criteria.
- Continuing Professional Education Scholarship: Some Continuing Professional Education courses are eligible for funding.
- Women's Program funding and services.
These scholarships recognize students who exhibit academic excellence, artistic talent, strong leadership skills or service to their communities. These scholarship programs may pay for part or all of your first two years of college. View deadlines and special application information.
- Distinguished Trustee Scholarship
- Academic Recognition Scholarship
- Engineering Pathways Scholarship
- One Million Degrees
Scholarships (External) Offered by Community Organizations
Awarded to students by community organizations, workplaces, faith institutions, local businesses and others. Students must apply for these scholarships individually and they are awarded by the scholarship sponsors. These scholarships are open all year long. View the many opportunities and applicable deadlines.
Private Scholarship Donors
As a private scholarship donor, please complete the Private Scholarship Funder Form for the applicable academic year.
Completing this required form provides valuable information to ensure the scholarship funds are applied to the selected student's account in an accurate and timely manner. The Private Scholarship Funder Form may be downloaded by clicking the link below.
- Fall 2023 thru Summer 2024*: For scholarships to be awarded for Fall 2023, Spring 2024 or Summer 2024, please fill out and submit the 2023-2024 form.
- Fall 2022 thru Summer 2023*: For scholarships to be awarded for Fall 2022, Spring 2023 or Summer 2023, please fill out and submit the 2022-2023 form.
*Note: If any portion of the scholarship must be returned to the donor, Harper College requires an IRS W-9 Form be completed by the donor so that we may return these funds.
Please submit the private scholarship check and the Private Scholarship Funder Form to:
Harper College Business Office
Building A, Room A214
1200 West Algonquin Road
Palatine, Illinois 60067
Many free scholarship search tools on the web provide detailed information about scholarships available nationwide.
Unfortunately, there are some companies that offer scholarship search services without the best interests of students in mind. The Federal Trade Commission has prepared resources to protect consumers against scholarship scam services. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Federal Trade Commission
Information about scholarship scams and the six warning signs.
Guidelines on how consumers can file a scholarship scam complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
TIP#1 Everyone should apply for scholarships! Don’t count yourself out.
TIP#2 Scholarships are awarded to people from all ages and backgrounds.
TIP#3 Deadlines vary by scholarship. Mark your calendars.
TIP#4 Scholarships can cover various costs such as tuition/fees, books, living expenses, transportation and dependent care.
TIP#5 More than 50% of Harper scholarships are awarded to those who’ve been out of the classroom for a while.