Before/After School Care Certificate
Educate and enrich lives beyond the classroom
- Credit hours: 6
- Stackable to degree: No
- Potential job outcomes:
Before/after school aide
Gain basic knowledge about developmentally appropriate programming and guidance for school-age care in this 6-credit-hour Early Childhood Education—Before/After School Care certificate program.
The two required courses in this program focus on principles of school-age care and assessment and guidance. You can also gain hands-on experience working with children at the Harper College Child Care Learning Center, an on-site preschool facility where you’ll receive guidance and feedback from certified teaching professionals.
Students interested in early childhood education may also be interested in:
- Associate of Arts (Transfer)
- Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
- Assistant Teacher Certificate
- Before/After School Care Certificate
- Family Child Care I Certificate
- Family Child Care II Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Teacher Certificate
- Infant/Toddler Teacher Asst. Certificate
- Teacher Certificate
Please note: This program is not financial aid eligible.