Network Security Fundamentals - Security+
Provides students with a comprehensive hands-on overview of network security, including authentication, encryption, digital certificates, perimeter topologies, remote access, cryptography, and operational security. This course also helps students prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain and support general security concepts, including authentication methods, access control, auditing, and attacks.
- Configure and support communication security, including remote access, web, email, and wireless access.
- Demonstrate and support infrastructure security, including devices, media, and topologies.
- Describe and support basic cryptography including algorithms, digital certificates, and public key infrastructure standards and protocols.
- Identify and eliminate risks with operational security including physical security, disaster recovery, policies and procedures, education, and documentation.
Length: 32 hours