Why is training important?
- Disengaged employees can cost companies up to $550 billion annually.
- 83% of employees with opportunities to take on new challenges say they’re more likely to stay with the organization.
- In 2016 68% of workers say training and development is the most important workplace policy.
- 76% of millennials think professional development opportunities are one of the most important elements of company culture.
- 90% of executes said keeping new hires is an issue in their organizations.
- 78% of HR leaders are more concerned about the talent shortage today than they were a year ago.
Free White Papers
Download free white papers on business topics and issues relevant to today’s workforce.
- Five Reasons Training Must Go Beyond Onboarding
- Competency Management at Its Most Competent
- The Money Skills: Senior Executive Competencies that Drive Profitable Growth
- 10 Ways and 100 Days to Jump-Start Your New Employees
- Proof that DDI’s Leadership Development Pays Off
- The CEO’s Guide To: Talent Management – A Practical Approach for Building Leadership Capability
Seven Signs You Are a Confident Leader
We all know people who we'd describe as Confident Leaders. They are highly regarded members of the team who are effective communicators, motivators and typically possess the following seven characteristics:
- Effective use of language
- Sense of Humor
- Sense of Proportion
Take the self-test below to see where your strengths and opportunities for improvement are. Rate yourself from 1 to 5 on each attribute (5 being the highest, 1 being the lowest). This should provide you with great insight as you move forward as a professional.
Your Classroom on Wheels
The Harper College Mobile Unit is a state-of-the-art computer classroom on wheels, ready to travel to your location and provide online testing, workforce development or community outreach services to your company or organization.