Why is training important?
- Disengaged employees can cost companies up to $550 billion annually.
- 83% of employees with opportunities to take on new challenges say they’re more likely
to stay with the organization.
- In 2016 68% of workers say training and development is the most important workplace
- 76% of millennials think professional development opportunities are one of the most
important elements of company culture.
- 90% of executives said keeping new hires is an issue in their organizations.
- 78% of HR leaders are more concerned about the talent shortage today than they were
a year ago.
Free White Papers
Download free white papers on business topics and issues relevant to today’s workforce.
Seven Signs You Are a Confident Leader
We all know people who we'd describe as Confident Leaders. They are highly regarded
members of the team who are effective communicators, motivators and typically possess
the following seven characteristics:
- Effective use of language
- Sense of Humor
- Sense of Proportion
Take the self-test below to see where your strengths and opportunities for improvement are. Rate yourself from 1 to 5 on each attribute (5
being the highest, 1 being the lowest). This should provide you with great insight
as you move forward as a professional.
Download the Self-Test
Your Classroom on Wheels
The Harper College Mobile Unit is a state-of-the-art computer classroom on wheels,
ready to travel to your location and provide online testing, workforce development
or community outreach services to your company or organization.
View the Mobile Unit in action