8-D Problem Solving
A sixteen-hour course developed around the 8-D team disciplined problem solving process and the use of basic problem solving tools. Participants will understand how to work as a team to collectively resolve a problem and the proper selection and use of problem solving tools.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand team and individual problem solving and the problem solving process.
- Understand basic team skills.
- Select a team and project.
- Define the problem and make a temporary fix, if necessary.
- Understand basic problem solving tools such as: Brainstorming/voting, analysis tools, data collection process, data collection tools, basic measurement chart, analyzing and prioritizing data, using pareto analysis, verifying root causes, creating viable solutions, and choosing appropriate action
- Implement/test solutions.
- Measure the results.
- Communicate results/prevent recurrence.
- Recognize the team.
- Audit results.
Length: 2 days