Wellness Wednesday Workouts by the Water
Please join Campus Recreation and Harper Wellness each Wednesday in July from 5 – 6 p.m. at the outdoor pavilion located on the campus of Harper College for the Wellness Wednesday Workout series. Each week will bring a different workout format.
- Wednesday July 6: Zumba with MaryAnn
- Wednesday July 13: Yin Yoga with Mary Kay
- Wednesday, July 20: HIIT with Beth
- Wednesday, July 27: Zumba with MaryAnn
Please bring a yoga mat or large towel, along with a sweat towel, and water. Check-in will begin each Wednesday at 4:30 pm on the north side of Building D (by the lake and pavilion).
FAQs and Additional Information
- The event is outside, will it be hot? In the Midwest, you don’t always know what you’re going to get in terms of temperature. Please be mindful that this event will occur outdoors so please dress and plan accordingly to help keep yourself safe and cool throughout the event. We encourage participants to bring a hat or visor, wear sunscreen, cooling fan and bring plenty of water!
- What happens if the weather is bad? If we have bad weather the workouts will be held indoors at the Health and Recreation Center. We will send out an email a few hours before the workout confirming the new location. This is why it is important to register for each workout!
- Will the workout be difficult? The short answer is, no! Listen to your body and take breaks as needed. All abilities are welcome, and we encourage everyone to move in a way that feels right for them. If you need to take a break, rest! Whether this is your first time doing yoga or you’re a seasoned yogi, we are just glad you’re participating!
- Will there be water/refreshments: Water will be available for participants, but we encourage folks to bring their own reusable water bottles in order to cut down on plastic and promote environmental wellness. A water refilling station will be available in Building D. Please make certain you’re well hydrated and eat prior to attending the event!
- What can I wear or bring? We encourage participants to wear their favorite workout gear, but keep in mind that the temperature may be hot and humid! We encourage participants to wear clothing that they can move around in and a comfortable pair of shoes. It’s also not a bad idea to bring a sweat towel!
- Where will the workout occur? Workouts will occur on the lawn of the Outdoor Pavilion on the north side of Building D (by the lake and pavilion) and will be led by a certified fitness instructors.
- Can I bring my children, friends or family? Yes! Students, employees and community members are welcome to this event. However, ALL participants must be eighteen years old and above and registered for the event. If you plan on bringing any friends or family members, please ensure that they are registered for the event too.
- Will there be a place for my belongings? Participants will be able to place their belongings on the grass near the pavilion. However, the Student Engagement Team will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items. We encourage participants to leave any valuable items at home, in their cars or place them near their workout space at the Pavilion.
- Will photos be taken? The Student Engagement Team will be taking opt-in photos throughout the event and posting them on various Student Engagement social media channels. We encourage participants to capture photos and tag @harperstudentinvolvement, @harpercampusrec, and @harper_wellness on Instagram. However, we ask that you be mindful of those who may not want to have their photos taken or be featured on social media. Please ask permission prior to taking a photo or posting something to social media.
Note: When beginning any new exercise program please check with your physician first. By performing any of the suggested exercises, you are performing them at your own risk and Harper College will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you may sustain as a result of participating in the virtual fitness classes.