The Information Technology program at Harper College prepares you for a career in data management, information technology, networking and software. You’ll learn from a multidisciplinary faculty with hands-on industry experience.
Many courses offered in evening and online or blended formats to fit your schedule. High school students in the Harper College district can earn college credit while in high school through the dual-credit program.
Earn a career-ready degree
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree is designed to prepare you for immediate entry into this career field. Coursework in the AAS may also prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Associate in Applied Science—Information Systems (with emphasis in Business, Computer Science and Mathematics, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or Web Development)
- Associate in Applied Science—Information Technology (choose ONE specialization):
- Computer Support
- Network Administration
Continue your education
Harper offers transfer guides to help prepare you to transition to a four-year university. To learn more, visit our Transfer Information page or see your advisor.
Earn a workforce credential
Jumpstart your career by learning new skills through a certificate program. Many of Harper's certificates are stackable to a degree program through additional coursework.
- Computer Support Technician Certificate
- IT Support Technician Certificate
- Network Administration Certificate
- Network Support Technician Certificate
- Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Computers in Business Certificate (not accepting new students)
- Office Assistant Certificate
Flexible program options
- Earn Stackable Credentials
- Distance Learning (Earn degrees/credentials by taking classes online)
- University Center (Earn a bachelor's degree on Harper's campus)
- Catalog Course Descriptions
- Computer Labs
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Organizations
For more information about starting your college education at Harper, please contact Admissions Outreach at 847.925.6700 or fill out our request information form.