Health and Recreation Center (Building M)
Building M has undergone a complete transformation and will serve as the hub for campus recreation and fitness. Key features include a 10,000 square foot fitness center, numerous fitness programs, and the NCH outpatient care center. The building is also home to our Harper Hawks Athletics, Kinesiology and Health Education.
- 135,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility
- Modern locker rooms
- Free daily locker and equipment rentals
- Complimentary towel service
- Pro shop
- Vending machines
- Facility rentals
- Harper Hawks Athletics headquarters
- 10,000 square foot fitness center
- 35+ cardio machines with personal viewing screens
- Rowing machines
- Life Fitness Synrgy360 multipurpose training hub
- 18+ Matrix Ultra Series strength training equipment
- Seven Hammer Strength Olympic weight lifting platforms
- Free weights
- Fitness assessment room
- Fitness center attendants
- Complimentary sweat towels
- Four-court field house
- Open recreation: basketball, pickle ball, volleyball and badminton
- Suspended jogging track (1/8 mile)
- Intramural sports leagues
- Equipment rentals
- Court rentals
- Court monitors
- Six-lane pool (shallow end 4') with deep end (13’ max)
- Designated open lap swim times
- Family swim availability
- ADA access with two pool lifts
- Palatine Park District aquatics programming
- Water temp - 80-81 degrees
- Four fitness studios
- Palatine Park District programming: Spin, Zumba, Dance, Pilates, Yoga plus
- Harper credit fitness and health education classes
- Fitness assessments
- One on one personal training
- Partner personal training
- Group personal training
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Holiday Schedule 2018/2019
Labor Day: Closed
Thanksgiving Day: Closed
Christmas Eve: 5:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year’s Eve: 5:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
New Year’s Day: Closed
Memorial Day: Closed
Independence Day: Closed