Student Loan Debt Relief

The Biden-Harris Administration and the U.S. Department of Education announced a Student Loan Debt Relief Plan to help federal student loan borrowers transition back to repaying loans after the economic crisis brought on by the pandemic. This plan includes:

  • An Extension of the Student Loan Payment Pause
    The student loan payment pause is extended.  Visit for information.
  • Student Loan Debt Relief
    The Biden-Harris Administration is providing up to $20,000 in student loan debt relief for eligible borrowers.


Apply for Federal Student Loan Debt Relief -  Applications are not being accepted at this time due to court orders blocking the student debt relief program.

Read FAQs and information about Student Loan Debt Relief

How to Find your Loan Servicer and View your Federal Loans and Pell Grants

  • Note: Due to the high volume of people logging into the federal webpages, you may be redirected. You can log into your account at .  

    From a Phone: Select MENU in the upper right corner and then select Log In.
    From a Computer: Click on Log In in the upper right.
  • You will need an FSA ID to access your account. Information on creating and using your FSA ID is available at

Sign up for Borrower updates from the U.S. Department of Education 

  • Enter your email address and check the box for "NEW!! Federal Student Loan Borrower Updates".

Beware of Scams

You might be contacted by a company saying they will help you get a loan discharge, forgiveness, cancellation, or debt relief for a fee. You never have to pay for help with your federal student aid. Make sure you work only with ED and their loan servicers, and never reveal your personal information or account password to anyone.  ED emails to borrowers come from,, or  You can report scam attempts to the Federal Trade Commission by calling 1-877-382-4357 or by visiting

Learn how to avoid scams and what you can do if you’re contacted by a scammer at .

Last Updated: 1/6/23