Transfer Credit From Another College/University in the US
A degree seeking student who has attended any other college(s) must have an official transcript from each college attended sent to the Admissions Office.
Step 1. Apply to the College.
Step 2. To receive a transcript evaluation, a student must complete and submit the Transcript Evaluation Request.
A student may transfer credit to Harper College according to the following conditions:
- The collegiate institution previously attended must be a regionally accredited institution awarding college credit.
- Credit may be transferred to Harper College for courses earning credit and successfully completed with a grade of D or better if the student's cumulative grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 or above (C average) at the previously attended institution. (Some programs may require a grade of C or better, please refer to the current curriculum for possible exceptions). If the student's cumulative GPA is less than 2.0 at a previously attended institution, credit may be transferred for courses earning credit and successfully completed with a grade of C or better. The student's work at each institution is evaluated independently if several institutions were attended.
- Credit may be transferred, but the grades earned at other institutions are not transferred, nor are the grades included in computing the cumulative GPA at Harper College. Grades from other institutions may be used to determine whether a student has successfully met course prerequisites. Elective credit may also be awarded for transfer coursework with no direct equivalency at Harper College.
- Courses which are a part of a department or program of study not offered by Harper College are considered non-transferable.
- Effective for students following the 1999–2000 Catalog (and thereafter), transfer students must earn a grade of C or better in their courses equivalent to ENG 101: Composition and ENG 102: Composition at the collegiate institution previously attended. This requirement will be in place for the A.A., A.S., A.F.A. and A.E.S. degrees, as well as the IAI core curriculum for students who are not completing a degree.
Curious about your prior credit or experience? If you're considering attending Harper College and want to know if your prior learning will help you complete a degree or certificate, please submit this form.