Igniting Paths to Success Scholarship
Tuition, Fees, and Textbook Scholarship
Igniting Paths to Success Scholarship will award tuition, fees and books to students, helping to address an urgent need for many in our community struggling to access and prioritize higher education due to the challenges and uncertainties of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students awarded the Igniting Paths to Success Scholarship will potentially receive up to $6,000 per year, through Spring 2023 semester if they meet the continued eligibility criteria.
Who is Eligible?
New and returning underrepresented/minority* students with financial need, who are working toward a degree or certificate program. Must be enrolled full or part-time (at least 6 credit hours in fall and spring, some exceptions for limited Enrollment and Fast Track students). Limited to Harper in-district and Business EdVantage students.
Open to students in all academic areas. Preference may be given to newly enrolled students pursuing these academic fields:
- Health Careers
- Career and Technical Programs
- Business/Entrepreneurship Programs
- Enroll and successfully complete a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Students with an F grade will not have those credits count towards their completion credits for the Ignite criteria. Based on Harper handbook policies under satisfactory academic progress: Successfully completed credit hours include the following grades: A, B, C, D, AR, BR, CR, DR, P and PR
- Maintain a minimum semester GPA of 2.0
- Repeated courses that are passed with a D or better will count toward the completed credits. Repeated coursework will only count toward the Ignite scholarship criteria if the student has not successfully completed the course in the past.
- Meet with an academic advisor every semester enrolled and follow the academic plan
agreed upon with advisor
- Academic plan verification is based on proof of academic advisor visit
- Scholarship is awarded through Spring 2023. Students who receive the scholarship for the first time in Fall 2022 may only be eligible for one semester renewal. If the scholarship is awarded to new students in the Spring 2023 semester, these students are not available for any Ignite renewal.
How do I apply?
After students have applied to Harper College, they can fill out our general scholarship application. The Ignite scholarship application is a part of the general scholarship application. Click here for tips, deadlines, and other information about scholarships.
The decision about the recipient is made by the Harper College Educational Foundation through Awards Management System.
Full-year scholarship for tuition, books (at Harper’s Bookstore only), and fees up to
$6,000 per year for two years (if continued eligibility requirements are met). Expenses incurred over the maximum allocation are covered by the student.
FAFSA Eligible students are encouraged to complete the necessary forms to support other incidental, transportation, and living expenses.
This scholarship is not refundable to student or transferable.